One of CMW’s specialist services is providing geotechnical site investigations specifically tailored to meet our Clients’ project needs.
Our point of difference is drawing on the collective Engineering Geological and Geotechnical Design experience of our technical directors for all site investigation projects to develop conceptual ground models relevant to the proposed land use. This enables us to optimise your investigation scope and deliver the best value for money alternative solutions.
CMW Geosciences Pty Ltd adopts a hands-on approach to help Clients solve challenges and manage risk in, on and under the ground.
CMW utilise a full range of ground investigation techniques to suit project geology and complexity. These include:
- Wireline diamond core drilling (HQ, NQ & PQ);
- Solid and hollow auger borehole drilling;
- Hand auger borehole drilling;
- Cone Penetrometer Tests (CPT) with or without pore pressure measurements;
- Backhoe and hydraulic excavator test pits and trenches;
- Bulldozer costean excavations;
- Geophysics through our preferred specialist supplier.
CMW has developed an alliance with specialist drilling and jack up barge contractors to execute nearshore drilling investigation programs. This alliance combines our previous experience in procuring and running extensive and complex geotechnical investigation programs.
In-Situ Testing & Sampling
- Standard Penetration Tests (SPT's);
- Dynamic penetrometer testing including Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) and Perth Sand Penetrometer (PSP) tests;
- Plate Load Tests, including collapse potential;
- Falling head and rising head field permeability tests, pump tests;
- U50 sampling including use of 1-way valves for soil recovery in soft / saturated soil;
- Block sampling (test pits) for collapse potential.
CMW has well-established relationships with specialist environmental consultancies and regularly combine site investigation campaigns to provide a more cost effective investigation program with respect to soil and groundwater sampling, testing and analysis.
CMW works closely with a number of NATA accredited geotechnical testing laboratories that offer a full range of soil, rock, aggregate and concrete tests.
CMW also provides services in Design, Pile Testing, and Earthwork Monitoring