CMW has the expertise and experience to assist with investigation, design, construction and auditing of Tailings Storage Facilities (TSF), mine waste dumps and Water Storage Facilities (WSF).
Working with our clients and contractors CMW can provide essential input and develop practical cost effective tailings storage designs in accordance with ANCOLD and DMP Guidelines. With years of practical experience and knowledge and the review capacity provided by an internationally renowned professor, CMW can complete the following:
- Site evaluation, selection and investigation;
- Short and long-term planning for tailings and water management;
- Design of TSFs/WSFs (conceptual through to detailed);
- Assistance with government approvals and compliance;
- Water balance development and utilisation;
- Risk assessments;
- Assistance with construction management, supervision and quality assurance;
- Forensic engineering and recommendations for remedial works and prevention;
- Assistance with operational practices, monitoring and management including annual audit and management reviews in accordance with the DMP; and
- Decommissioning, closure and rehabilitation.
Our point of difference is to provide practical optimised solutions on time that are cost effective, efficient and focused on the WA markets and conditions.
CMW Geosciences Pty Ltd adopts a hands-on approach to help Clients solve challenges during construction and manage risk in, on and under the ground.
Sourcing Construction Material
Drawing on the collective Engineering and Geological experience of our technical staff, CMW can help locate and source site won material by way of identifying local borrow pits and determining the suitability of the material for use in construction.
CMW have the experience and knowledge to undertake embankment design for tailings and water storage facilities and for storm water drainage management.
Our tailings design services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assessment of material parameters of tailings embankment material, and foundation materials;
- Stability and seepage analysis of embankments using industry standard software;
- Analysis of liquefaction potential of tailings and embankment materials;
- Analyses of the water balance for a tailings or water storage facility
- Estimation of required construction volumes;
- Drainage design; and
- Use of geosynthetics where necessary.
CMW also has the expertise to provide earthworks monitoring and testing services (Level 1 or 2 in accordance with AS3798) whilst concurrently providing other specialist geotechnical design services to help our clients manage geotechnical challenges encountered during earthworks construction.