TSF and Waste Dump Design
The purpose of a TSF conceptual design, is generally to provide a cost estimate for comparison or budgeting purposes (Feasibility Studies), and to gain approval from the relevant authorities if a change in tailings disposal methods is required, or if it forms part of a Mining Proposal for a proposed mine site.
Completion of a conceptual design suitable for costing and approval processes, requires the following:
- High level design in 3D space to allow for calculations of required earthworks volumes and available tailings storage volumes.
- Conceptual design drawings.
- Dambreak assessment.
- Stability and seepage analysis.
- Liquefaction assessment.
- Recommendations for operations and closure.
- Conceptual design of storm water diversions.
- Conceptual design of underdrainage collection systems.
The CMW team regularly complete conceptual TSF designs and work together with the client to provide the information appropriate to that particular project.